What made you want to study renewable energy? 

In both the places I live I am within only a few miles of a wind farm. I love that Scotland has such huge potential for renewable energy and am thoroughly enjoying learning more about it. 

How did the financial support from Renantis help your studies? 

As I’m often far away from college libraries, I have to purchase books rather than borrow as they are not always available online. As a mature student I have caring responsibilities which make it hard for me to work to support my studies so any extra is greatly appreciated and goes toward general living costs enabling me to continue my studies.

What are your career plans for the future? 

I took this course because I realised just how little I knew about sustainable development, the modules so far have really opened my eyes, shocking but also fascinating.  I have three years left during which time I’m hoping the course will show me what I want to do.  I was encouraged to see that Renantis was so positive about hiring more experienced employees and really valued what that could bring to the company. That gives me hope for the future, though having also been self-employed for many years I’m confident I’ll find fulfilling and valuable employment after my studies.