ARE YOU A STUDENT CONSIDERING A CAREER IN THE RENEWABLE ENERGY SECTOR OR A BUSINESS LOOKING TO UPSKILL OR RESKILL YOUR WORKFORCE IN SUSTAINABLE ENERGY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM?
TO REQUEST FINANCIAL SUPPORT, APPLY BEFORE 16 OCTOBER 2023
We are delighted to announce the launch of our 6th UK Support Scheme for Sustainable Energy Studies.
In 2022 we supported seven students around five of our UK wind farms. They used the funds to help pay for accommodation, wi-fi, course books, laptops and travel expenses. And in 2019 for example we provided funding to the McInnes Group to help them retrain their workforce in installing renewable heating systems.
If you know of anyone in your area studying or planning to study subjects related to renewable energy, encourage them to apply to our support scheme! Or if there’s an organisation in your community which would benefit from training in the area of energy sustainability or renewable energy, please let them know about this funding opportunity.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications to the Scheme must be submitted by completing the online application form available here
4 September 2023 – Application period opens
16 October 2023 – Deadline for applications
End of October 2023 – Applicants informed about the outcome of their application
Successful applicants will be announced at Renantis’ Sustainable Communities Forum
- Applicants must be 16 or over at the start of the course.
- Eligible applicants are those individuals living or studying within an approximately 60-mile radius of our wind farms (which are located in Scotland, Yorkshire and Wales: https://renantis.com/operating-assets/). As part of our Sustainability Charter, we always support the development of new talent in the local communities that host us. Therefore, priority will be given (but not limited) to applicants from the areas surrounding our wind farms and organisations operating in those local communities.
- Applicants must be studying for a qualification that would help them gain professional skills, knowledge and competencies that they can use in the renewable energy sector. Be clear in your application how your studies are aligned to this sector.
- All applicants must complete the application form, including details of a referee supporting their application.
- Evidence that the applicant is registered and attending the course will be required before any funding is provided.
WHAT THE FUND CAN COVER
- The annual fund of £6,000 will be shared between the successful applicants.
- Renantis may decide to provide a portion of the support applied for.
- Renantis will cover expenses which assist the candidates to complete their course. Eligible expenses include travel/commuting costs, training materials (books, software), internet connection and equipment.
- The successful applicant must provide receipts or evidence of all their expenditure.
For more information, please contact:
Erin Murchie, Community Relations Manager UK, Renantis,
firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel. 07841423007